Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NR 5-3-1

Lockjawlarry
    Online :

Quote Originally Posted by no_refills View Post
    11/13/2013 Deadlift 5/3/1 +

Deadlift 135x10, 225x8, 325x5, 375x3, 415x3, 325x8
    Seated Leg Curls 100x20x4 (6 reps single leg partial after each set)
    Super Set
    T-K-E with decline situps 20-25 each 3sets

Fast workout tonite .... That's just how the ball bounces sometimes.. Gotta wedding this weekend and I have to work overtime as well, so this should be fun getting in my lifts... It is my deload week, so that may help... and I could use the money... my bike fund is about dry now....Friday was my last ride.... Winter,,, you can stick it where the sun don't shine. And it don't just about every day around here.

Bonus.. Took a band to work to get in some pull-aparts and various other resistance movements.. Probably got close to 200 reps throughout the day... helps to get he blood flowing .... nothing super intense,,, but I squeeze of some hard ones here and then... unlike my sex life........
    Dam brother! getting it in whenever ya can! Gotta respect that

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Life is strange......... Sometimes I can pull 495 like it's an easter basket and other days 415 feels like a Mack truck......

Strange but fair... We generally get what we deserve,, believe it or not. Like it or not. It's how you choose to deal with it. There's the true difference.

Lockjawlarry
    Online :

Yesterday I felt so dam week at the gym ((ate as I was supposed to too) But today I was moving some friggin weight! sometimes there is no guessing which guy will show up
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Made VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Life is strange......... Sometimes I can pull 495 like it's an easter basket and other days 415 feels like a Mack truck......

Strange but fair... We generally get what we deserve,, believe it or not. Like it or not. It's how you choose to deal with it. There's the true difference.
    We all have good days and bad days, you're no exception N_R. You're stronger than most of us though
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.
    The Few The Proud.

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Been so long since I've logged, I had to go find it....

Been on deload this past week, which came at a good time because I've been working a ton of hours (end of year stuff) and I had another wedding and all the other family stuff which needs attention....

So over the past week

11/15 sets of db flat press. 50 and 60 lbs to failure
    11/16 squats 145lbs 5 sets of 5

11/19 Shoulders
    db press started with 30lbs worked my way to 60 lbs as many sets of 5 as possible. When I could only get 3 reps I stopped.
    front raises EX curl bar palms up (???? bar = 1. 10 and a 5....?) 40lbs x 10-12 reps x 4 sets
    side band raises.... red bands x 8-12 reps x 4 sets with hold at top.

11/20 Deadlift
    Leg Curls and Leg Extensions AMRAP AMSAP until my legs were throbbing...
    Glute Ham Raises 5-8 reps 4 sets...
    Lat pulls

Now Friday I'll head back into the next wave of 5/3/1.. still trying to stay fresh for the raw meet Dec 8th...... But after that I need a short break to just let my mind and body unwind a bit....

I don't like to draw attention to myself or toot my own horn, but for those following my log I turned 56 on Tuesday (11/19/1957).... I am very fortunate and appreciative of all that I have. It may not be a lot, but it's good enough for me... I would like to thank everyone for sharing with me your sound advise whether it be on life, AAS, or dieting, whatever. Sometimes (Hittin) even changing the way I think or look at things..... You all have a part in who I am today. Thank you...

NOW LET'S LIFT SOME FUCKING WEIGHTS !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by no_refills; 11-21-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Made VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

You're in great shape, N_R, no doubt about that. You're 56 years young
    The Few The Proud.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Not bad, for an old fart! Lol!, I hope to be lifting half as much as you when Im 56!

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Wave 2 11/22/31 Bench 5-5-5+

db flat press..... 50x10, 60x10, work set 65x5, 75x5, 85x13, 75x15
    Inc bb press 95x20x3, 115x20, 95x25
    Pullups w/ Lat pulls shoulder width x12/x6, x10/x6, x9/x8.... neutral grip x8/x12, x4/x7
    Neck raises. 25x12x3 +2 sets with harness on sides....
    Ticep ext 1 set x AMRAP

Still doing "first set last variation" I need to adjust my weight higher for db. Incl bb press I kept the weight low to make sure I got full ROM without shoulder pain, but I need to add more weight here as well....however after finishing 5 sets of pullups my shoulder girdle and arms were pumped. I normally don't like (or do) reps over 16, so the change is good......

Neck is just a weak area I'm trying to build up, and the Tricep Ext. set was just to finish off my triceps.....

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

11/23 Squats 5-5-5+-+

Front squats 95x10x2, working set 135x5, 155x5, 175x10, 135x14
    Lunges bb 65x10x3
    Back Ext. x12x3
    Leg Ext. 75x20x1
    T-K-E x20

Coming down with a cold or something, and I had no energy today.
    Front squats this wave because they force me to use good posture and get real deep into the squat. Plus, my back squat is not going to get any better in 2 weeks for the meet, so using a lighter weight now is probably better. I tried using wrist straps to hold the bar, since I don't have the flexibility to get into a good rack position. It was ok, but I switched back to cross-handed on the last set. Cross handed just creates a better shelf for doing AMRAP.... Haven't done lunges in a while, and I could feel it in my hamstrings and glutes. Not to mention staying tight and balanced....

Made VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Coming down with a cold or something, and I had no energy today.
    I feel the same. Maybe because doing both cardio and cross fit (and working out every day) is a bit too much for me right now or maybe it's just a cold. I'm gonna have blood work done tomorrow.
    The Few The Proud.

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast