Thread: What do you guys do to get through it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Icon10 What do you guys do to get through it

What do you guys do for cardio? I use to love running and would do between 8-24 miles a day but now I can't stand it. I also love tumbling and maybe would like Zumba. But i'm getting ready for a cutting cycle. I got the diet all ironed out. This is kind of the last thing I'm trying to find some enjoyment in or motivation with. Any suggestions on how you get through it or waft type if cardio you do?

VIP/Donating Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

i either do HIIT or incline trainer. they are shorter sessions of cardio with both lasting between 10-20 mins. I personally prefer incline trainer cause all i have to do is walk and not worry about timing my intervals. This allows me to zone out or watch a youtube clip or video. For those that dont know an incline trainer is a treadmill that can go above a 15 degree incline. We have two at my gym one that goes to 30, which i use, and the other goes to 50. Basically you walk at an incline of 15 degrees or more at a 3mph pace. simple sweet and gets the job done. if you go as high as 30 degrees the cal counter tick up one cal every 2.5 secs roughly so its rather effective. there was a study done on it not to long ago ill see if i cant find it.
    To Die with Honor is the greatest Honor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Default What do you guys do to get through it

Quote Originally Posted by MCSS13 View Post
    i either do HIIT or incline trainer. they are shorter sessions of cardio with both lasting between 10-20 mins. I personally prefer incline trainer cause all i have to do is walk and not worry about timing my intervals. This allows me to zone out or watch a youtube clip or video. For those that dont know an incline trainer is a treadmill that can go above a 15 degree incline. We have two at my gym one that goes to 30, which i use, and the other goes to 50. Basically you walk at an incline of 15 degrees or more at a 3mph pace. simple sweet and gets the job done. if you go as high as 30 degrees the cal counter tick up one cal every 2.5 secs roughly so its rather effective. there was a study done on it not to long ago ill see if i cant find it.
    ^^^^This right here. Any type of HIIT training is best if you need help getting through it. I've had to run 3 x a week for the last nine years. Never again.... With your diet in check, some supps, weight training, and HIIT 4 days a week for 15-20 min after lifting you should be able to see great results. If you have good places to hike with decent changes in elevation I've found this to be pretty awesome and burns tons of cals. But not everyone lives in CO. ;-). I was amazed by how many cals I burned doing spin class too. That shit sucks though. The seats aren't too comfy.

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

switch it up.. boxing training skills tapes to watching a movie on the treadmill to cycling on the path near the trains

Made Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

I get through cardio by NOT DOING cardio.
    The World is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes, and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell.

Lockjawlarry
    Online :

Summer,spring and fall are easy with a soon to be 8 year old boy! But I hate the winter season in these parts when talking cardio. IMO it sucks having to use machines all winter. skiing/snowboarding sounds great but ain't cheap. In other words, cardio is neglected the most during winter

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

I also get through cardio by just not doing it. Seem to be doing fine without it. 50 bpm resting heart rate and all.
    PRs: (raw)
    Squat - 485 lbs
    Bench - 315 lbs
    Deadlift - 635 lbs
    Total - 1435 lbs

Made Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

I run but it's gotta be outdoors. Treadmills are torture...