Thread: CPAP machine

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Default CPAP machine

Does anyone here use a CPAP machine? I did a sleep study & they say I stop breathing 17-20 times. Right now I'm waiting on a phone call to get fitted for one & bring it home.

Lady Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

My daughter had her tonsils taken out a few years back. Scariest thing that had ever happened to me as a parent. Her tonsils had to be removed because they were the size of walnuts and crowded her airway when she slept. What was supposed to be a routine 45 minute surgery turned into a 2.5 hour surgery. As soon as they removed her tonsils her throat collapsed because it was not used to having to use the throat muscle due to to tonsils being so big. She died on the table but was ressitated. She had a breathing tube for a month and after 2 months was sent home with a CPAP machine to use so that her throat muscles could learn to work normally so she could breathe on her own at night. Took her 4 months to do but it worked. I just don't know how anyone can sleep with something like that on their face though.
    I clean, I jerk, and I have a nice snatch!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Inked I'm sorry you had to go through all that! I honestly couldn't imagine going through that, I'd be a basket case. Thanks for your reply & im SO glad it all worked out ok.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Im looking to get a sleep study done myself to see if i should be on one. I stopped breathing the other day during a nap, only to find my girlfriend pinching my nostrils due to my s oring. She equates it to a baby dinosaur. ..oops

Lady Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by schultz1 View Post
    Im looking to get a sleep study done myself to see if i should be on one. I stopped breathing the other day during a nap, only to find my girlfriend pinching my nostrils due to my s oring. She equates it to a baby dinosaur. ..oops
    If you were my bf I'd pich your nostrils and shove a dirty sock in your mouth if you snored. You have a nice gf.
    I clean, I jerk, and I have a nice snatch!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by inkedboriqua View Post
    If you were my bf I'd pich your nostrils and shove a dirty sock in your mouth if you snored. You have a nice gf.
    Thats awesome! ! !!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by schultz1 View Post
    Idk it but my wife recorded me with her phone one night while I was snoring. She let everyone hear it st xmas, needless to say it was pretty bad & embarrassing. I've been using the CPAP for 2 weeks now & am pretty use to it. I def feel more refreshed and I'm not fighting to stay awake on my drive home anymore. Neither one of us has had to sleep on the couch or in the spare bed since I got it.

This is not a bad attempt at making a fat joke Schultz but at your size I would bet money they would say you need a CPAP. Supposedly if your neck measures over 18" (I think they said 18") then more than likely you need one.

Made Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Hey inked how you been remember u from can mass