Thread: It's not about numbers sometimes

Ozzy "Osbourne" VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Default It's not about numbers sometimes

A guy that has become a real friend here sent me a message saying they be thinks he is out of his league in an upcoming event.....

we lift to lift
    i train with multiple people one of them that is no where as strong as me by Ive known him since 3rd grade the others push me to my limits at 41
    when I compete I compete against me the 3-4 guys I usually go with are in different weight as age groups so there isn't a rivalry in our group.
    i compete to keep my demons inside I compete to feel the pain I compete to heal my pain I compete because I need to compete in something
    am I scared do I have butterflies in my stomach---hell yes but it all goes away when I grab the bar

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy69 View Post
    A guy that has become a real friend here sent me a message saying they be thinks he is out of his league in an upcoming event.....

we lift to lift
    i train with multiple people one of them that is no where as strong as me by Ive known him since 3rd grade the others push me to my limits at 41
    when I compete I compete against me the 3-4 guys I usually go with are in different weight as age groups so there isn't a rivalry in our group.
    i compete to keep my demons inside I compete to feel the pain I compete to heal my pain I compete because I need to compete in something
    am I scared do I have butterflies in my stomach---hell yes but it all goes away when I grab the bar
    Pretty fucking good writing there son
    I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.....

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

So true Ozzy. Thank you brother. Everything you wrote is right on. I truly realized it last weekend. I'll be ready for October and just strive to get better for myself. However u wrote something just now that I know exactly what u mean, "I compete because I need to compete at something". I feel the same way. I totally feel like I have something now to full fill that desire to compete at something which is what I need too. Standing on that platform last Sunday was the greatest feeling I have ever felt in a long time for a sporting event. It was Awesome and I thank you and everyone here for ur help and support.

Ozzy "Osbourne" VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

I give this same speech to apprentices all the time...

i am just a motivator I cant make you a better (fill in the blank) it takes sacrifice and dedication. If you are happy being average than that's all you will be is average. But if you want to be great at something you have to dedicate the time and effort to practice and push thru the obstacles that life gives you. It takes time and effort to become better. You need to surround yourself with like minded people or you will never achieve those goals. (Now I'll modify it a little for our purposes here) If you want to be stronger you have to find strong people and train with them. Pay for seminars. Pay for one day passes at other gyms where strong mutha fuckas train. Ask questions bug them till they finally tell you to fuck off. But I guarantee you this 99% of them will answer your questions and some of them will ask you to come back and train.

Thats how I got my strength to the level it's at. In my 20s I wanted to be a body builder but I learned I was way stronger than I was asthetically pleasing. (And I wanted to lift as much as mustanglifter) so I found other gyms trained with everyone that would let me and eventually passed the little knowledge I had onto others.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy69 View Post
    I give this same speech to apprentices all the time...

i am just a motivator I cant make you a better (fill in the blank) it takes sacrifice and dedication. If you are happy being average than that's all you will be is average. But if you want to be great at something you have to dedicate the time and effort to practice and push thru the obstacles that life gives you. It takes time and effort to become better. You need to surround yourself with like minded people or you will never achieve those goals. (Now I'll modify it a little for our purposes here) If you want to be stronger you have to find strong people and train with them. Pay for seminars. Pay for one day passes at other gyms where strong mutha fuckas train. Ask questions bug them till they finally tell you to fuck off. But I guarantee you this 99% of them will answer your questions and some of them will ask you to come back and train.

Thats how I got my strength to the level it's at. In my 20s I wanted to be a body builder but I learned I was way stronger than I was asthetically pleasing. (And I wanted to lift as much as mustanglifter) so I found other gyms trained with everyone that would let me and eventually passed the little knowledge I had onto others.
    I only lift as much weight as I do because of the knowledge you've passes down to me....and the rage my exwife put me in with her bullshit...but more from your knowledge buddy.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mustanglifter View Post
    I only lift as much weight as I do because of the knowledge you've passes down to me....and the rage my exwife put me in with her bullshit...but more from your knowledge buddy.
    Ah the ex wife......... I totally understand that