295 x 2 spotter said he just bumped the second one
    135 x 20

Decline Dumbbells
    85's x 10 x 3

High Cable Flys
    35's x 12 x 5

Hyper Extend Abs
    3 sets of 20
    * my abs are definitely a weak point right now. I actually feel them cramp up after I work them. Have to start hitting them with more frequency. No excuse really since I can do them anywhere.
    jahwah is a fictitious name used to portray a made up person for the sole purpose of entertainment. Nothing stated or suggested should be taken seriously as online boards are breeding grounds for false information. Any suggestions, advice or talk of illegal substances is fictitious and should not be taken as fact.

HULK SMASH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

1/15 Legs

Back Squats
    bar x 20
    135 x20
    225 x 12
    315 x 8 x 2
    405 brought off rack and held for 30 seconds, did 1/4 squat put back on rack
    225 x 12 x 2 Box Squats felt like i was gonna puke

Leg extensions @ 160 each rep to exhaustion left the gym and could barely walk. Trying to condition myself to go heavy again. Couple years back maxed at 455 x 4 so hoping to hit 5 plates for 1 at some point this year. Will hit treadmill after work today and walk for a bit to get oxygen into these old legs of mine... :-)
    jahwah is a fictitious name used to portray a made up person for the sole purpose of entertainment. Nothing stated or suggested should be taken seriously as online boards are breeding grounds for false information. Any suggestions, advice or talk of illegal substances is fictitious and should not be taken as fact.

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

It would be cool if I could lift with you.. You're better than me, but close enough to push me.. And you do a lot of reps early on and thoughout your sets, which IMO affects your max attempts. But if that works for you who cares about a 1RM..it's all bullshit. I'd hate it when I was setting up meets a people would ask, " what do you bench? ". Like you bench press is the all-time measure for strength or manhood? I'd say, " what's your squat? Real men squat.." Than they'd leave. Plus, I'd be all sweaty and grumpy from moving the equipment, weights, and platforms into the hotel conference rooms.. A warmup room and a meet room. Setup on Friday.. Tear down Sunday..Thumbs up brother,

BTW. See if yow can spot me in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBtfE1qsFx8

hint: it's after 20 minutes.. Lol
    " When you judge another, You don't define them,
    You define yourself "..................... W. Dyer

HULK SMASH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Oh it definitely affects my max attempts but Im not really attempting right now, just conditioning. I know that after hitting 315 x 8 x 2 that adding another plate on top of that is going to feel heavier than if I would have jumped to 405 from 225. For me its a mind thing. I know how heavy that shit feels after the 315 reps when fatigued, so imagine how light it will feel when I do jump from 225 to 405. Just a little food for thought as to how I trick my body/mind. Im thinking I could probably get 405 x 5 right now but I want them 5 plates :-) I would love to have a lifting partner again. Its been a few years. Im pretty much a lone warrior at my gym besides the head trainer there. Spotted you by the way and you need to really work on your form.. :-) You neck is gonna be killing you do too many of them reps!! lmao

1/18 Back and Bi

Reverse Grip close Pulldowns
    60 x 20
    70 x 12 x 3 nice and slow

Bent over barbell rows
    bar x 20
    95 x 12
    135 x 10 x 2
    155 x 10 x 2

Seated Rows wide
    180 x 12 x 3

Close grip seated cable rows
    60 x 12
    70 x 10 x 2 nice and slow back straight

Spider Curls
    70 x 10 x 3

Rope Curls
    50 x 12 x3

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

LOL.. the 4x8 carries are a tough... The funny part that you didn't see was some guys were grabbing the sheets 2 man - 1 board, and I walk by them 1 man - 2 boards the first time. Their first lesson on how to carry a sheet of plywood.. In that segment the main door was blocked and we went out the side door. I had no idea they were interviewing Ed Coan. A local (and national) legend in powerlifting circles.

HULK SMASH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

OK well Ill try and recap last week as best as I can. Had some stuff come up that kept me out of the gym part of the week but I did manage to get in and do some cardio along with some general strength training. Played some racquetball hit tri's pretty hard one day, but have been having a hard time getting up at 4:30 last week. Hit it today so hopefully will get back on track. Last friday had a strong afternoon lift. So Ill just resume there.

1/22
    Legs
    Back Squats
    bar x 20
    135 x 12
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    365 x 3 These were fairly solid and felt good. I continued destroying my legs for awhile longer.

Box Squats
    225 x 10
    225 x 10
    135 x 12

Leg Press
    445 x 10
    645 x 10
    845 x 10
    845 x 3 :-) shakey jake on the sled man.. whoa buddy

Calve Press
    345 x 20 x 3

Leg Curls
    80 x 10 x 3

Leg Extensions
    140 x 12 x 3 I love the way my wheels are coming together. Making the rest of my body stronger for sure. I dont think my arthritis appreciates me right now but I gotta keep it up!

1/25
    Incline Chest
    135 x 10
    135 x 12
    135 x 15

Incline DB Flys
    35 x 10
    35 x 12
    35 x 15

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press
    180 x 10
    180 x 12
    180 x 15

Machine Flys
    120 x 15 x 3 and a nice hold

Seated Press Machine
    160 x 10 x 3

*** some ab work, hyper extend abs and wheel extensions

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Your leg day looks like my whole month. Nice work. "Strength training". My eyes teared up.

HULK SMASH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by no_refills View Post
    Your leg day looks like my whole month. Nice work. "Strength training". My eyes teared up.
    I literally limped out of the gym, up the steps, into my car, drove home, limped to my bed, and fell asleep for an hour after that leg day.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

That is an awesome leg workout. 845lbs on the leg press is awesome. Great job

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast