Thread: Metabolic Doc - Test and Heart Attacks

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Default Metabolic Doc - Test and Heart Attacks

Metabolic Doc used to write for Muscular Development and Powerlifting USA as the Anabolic Doctor.. I've been to his seminars.. He knows his stuff and he's easy to talk to.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/28315

Made Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

A white board and a speech? Does he have a comment on the Endocrine Society statement on the studies? Does he have a comment to retract Dr Klotz of Sunnybrook?
    Actually, it was a good presentation. Kinda mundane.
    �I think I've discovered the secret of life -- you just hang around until you get used to it.�

Charlie Brown

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

I believe they are both stating the same thing. A lot of data, but not enough controlled studies for validation....He's just trying to explain the recent media frenzy, which we all know will run with the study which makes the better story

http://www.endocrine.org/~/media/end...%20Therapy.pdf

Dr. O'Connor puts some information out there, but he runs a medical practice and has a "pay" forum where he will answer your questions. Like being an online patient. He's been around the bodybuilding and powerlifting industry for a long time. Being a powerlifter himself he has been there next to us, and he seen more than just TRT patients.....

As for his approach, he normally does small seminars at smaller hardcore gyms, so it is not uncommon for him to hand out a pamphlet and to see him using a white board set up on a monolift or squat rack, which I'd bet is exactly where the video came from. He just tries to explain to the common lifter/user (on a simple level) information based on his experiences and knowledge of some studies. Some he believes are based on tons of uncontrolled random data, and other studies which are based under a controlled environment...

Is he the "expert"? Probably not. But he is a good resource because he has been around more than enough AAS users to see the truth.. Whether you want to believe him, or not, is up to you. I do find his information useful when I visit my own doctor or some doctor who tells me Testosterone, AAS, or HGH is the root of every problem I have...

Thanks for the counterpoint Bagua, but I still haven't found a study from Dr Klotz of Sunnybrook, because you can never know to much ...... Especially when you want to live a long and healthy life...

Made Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Dr Klotz is a twit. He is a great Urologist but has foot in mouth disease in regards to TRT.
    �I think I've discovered the secret of life -- you just hang around until you get used to it.�

Charlie Brown