Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Squatman and K Q&A thread

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    If utilizing carb cycling for contest prep would you cycle all the way up to the show or modify it as you get closer? or the last week? Also what would training look like the last week? Here is he kicker.... this is for a bikini competition.
    Great questions!

To be precise for me it would depend on her body type, (endo, meso, ecto..etc) the last week(s) can be very touchy, even more so for women, so 3 different body types, 3 different approaches leading in to the final weeks, if she's on the endo side of things, I would keep carbs very low and fill the muscles with fats and in the last 12-24 hrs or so just top off with a bit of carbs. if she's ecto, then you need more carbs and very little fats as she will need them to fill out properly, and meso should be somewhere in the middle.

But this can all depend on a great many factors! the thing is you could follow the same competitor for several shows and the last weeks could all be different.

for me training usually stays the same throughout the prep, but as we get closer to the show, I ask that they gradually change to more machine weights than free weights and lighten the weight being used a bit also, just to reduce the risk of injury.

When in a calorie deficit diet, you will not put on any muscle! unless you've got Kevin Levronich type of genes and all the gear that come along with it, it aint gona happen, so at best you're working your ass off to minimize the amount of muscle lost during a comp prep.

So that being said, I'll admit I'm more of a volume type guy in my own training, and have recommended volume type approach to those seeking to add muscle in the off season, but the closer the show gets near we back off the volume and the weight load.

Sorry if I can't be more accurate.

Hope it can be helpful.

s

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by krzna View Post
    Bro ur humble nature is what's the absolute best about you. Man here is a walking talking think tank and any prep he writes is guranteed victory. Trust me I've worked with a top Ifbb pro maker who himself saw my buddy squatman plan and was like WOW!

Thank you for everything you've done for me brother. Every placing I've had and every photoshoot I owe to you.
    Thanks for the nice words my friend!

s

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Yo u remember me calling you from malaysia at 104F and 100% humidity saying i can't hear right and my heart is feeling like it's gonna burst.

Welcome to lasix.

Dyazide so much easier to use.

Bottom line what a lot of people don't understand is timing and bioavailabity. The compound can react or kick in at different times depending on your biochemical make up.

So for that around week 6 you want to do a mock on stage plan to see how you respond to the last minute compounds meaning diuretics , the 2iu insulin Shot and the karboyln sipping , the heat The lights etc etc
    LOL, yeah I remember that phone call! LOL

Good thing you had family waiting for you with plenty of fluids and sodium!

s

Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by squatman View Post
    LOL, yeah I remember that phone call! LOL

Good thing you had family waiting for you with plenty of fluids and sodium!

s
    That potclor syrup saved my life man.... potassium chloride concentrated syrup solution , thick gooey liquid tastes nasty.

Question for you bro:
    Halo pre contest say 4 weeks. You know with all the dieting , excess clen hematocrit levels are bad. With 19-nor BUN levels probably shot. Liver enzymes SGOT SGPT with all that anadrol well its LOL.
    What would your thoughts be on using Halotestin say 4 weeks out SAFELY.
    Well there is no real safe in this shit, but at a time like that the body's immunity is pretty low as well. And a few ppl, the stomach throws out A lotta ppl including myself have fallen sick last minute.

The way we ran it was off all other orals, only suspension plus 40mg ed. 3 weeks out .Any new ways to run it?
    Last edited by krzna; 01-13-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    If utilizing carb cycling for contest prep would you cycle all the way up to the show or modify it as you get closer? or the last week? Also what would training look like the last week? Here is he kicker.... this is for a bikini competition.
    Bro can u share her stats and her affinity towards carbs, plus holding water etc.
    One thing ppl don't factor in esp bikini is the calculation of estrogenic sides and how to combat that with your diet. The female body maintains a very delicate balance and the hormones leading to an ovulation cycle can have strong impact .... Both good and bad .... as to how lean and dry a competitor looks on stage.

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

That potclor syrup saved my life man.... potassium chloride concentrated syrup solution , thick gooey liquid tastes nasty.

Question for you bro:
    Halo pre contest say 4 weeks. You know with all the dieting , excess clen hematocrit levels are bad. With 19-nor BUN levels probably shot. Liver enzymes SGOT SGPT with all that anadrol well its LOL.
    What would your thoughts be on using Halotestin say 4 weeks out SAFELY.
    Well there is no real safe in this shit, but at a time like that the body's immunity is pretty low as well. And a few ppl, the stomach throws out A lotta ppl including myself have fallen sick last minute.

The way we ran it was off all other orals, only suspension plus 40mg ed. 3 weeks out .Any new ways to run it?

LOL. there are always new ways to run it!

But the last few competitors I helped prep I didn't add any halo at all, one big reason is good halo is not easy to some by, another is the exact reasons you posted above, it's quite toxic!

But this is how I like to explain how halo can help someone in the last 4-6 weeks leading up to a show.

Halo has the great ability to add that last little hardness/polish to a physique! It's also amazing for increasing strength even in a calorie restricted state.

But this compound will only add that polish look when BF is low enough. It's a great compound but it won't help strip fat off of you. LOL.

And another thing to be very careful with halo is to never run it at the same time as Drol! Drol in itself can be quite hepa toxic! Adding Halo in there at the same time with all the other compounds (tren comes to mind...LOL), and also being in the latter portion of a prep where your kidney function is also being taxed is not a great idea!

With that being said, 40mg/day is a good place to start, but depending what I would see on picks it could be increased.

s

Super Duper Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

only done one show so probably a lame question.any hoo a few people have told me no dariy 12 wks out,for skin thickness and texture..dose that include all types of whey protein? think I was drinking isolate last time around..also is adex the preferred AI,one guy I know was running it at 2mg ed two weeks out,why not stane? thank you DR.

Lockjawlarry
    Online :

When using lasix in a clinical setting, we are often told to be aware of how much k is being ingested from whole food also, Same goes for blood thinners and vitamin K

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lockjawlarry View Post
    When using lasix in a clinical setting, we are often told to be aware of how much k is being ingested from whole food also, Same goes for blood thinners and vitamin K
    Yes tks bro, good info. I think some would not know what you mean by "K" in regards to lasix, it's not vitamin k, this term relates to "slow k" which means potassium chloride. It's basically a slower released form of potassium.

Tks Lockjawlarry

s

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cabo Jo View Post
    only done one show so probably a lame question.any hoo a few people have told me no dariy 12 wks out,for skin thickness and texture..dose that include all types of whey protein? think I was drinking isolate last time around..also is adex the preferred AI,one guy I know was running it at 2mg ed two weeks out,why not stane? thank you DR.
    Another good question!

I also agree with no dairy in comp prep, I actually recommend to take it out on day one, which for me can be as far out as 24 weeks. Although WPI is derived from dairy it will not hamper ones quest to be sliced and diced. But I take out WPI anywhere from 1-4 weeks out form the show depending on what I'm seeing as progress form the competitor.

Now for Adex vs Aroma, this has prob been debated so many times over the years you would prob find multiple threads on multiple boards on this subject.

I'll give you the short answer that i thikn applies to both compounds. They both work great and suppressing androgen conversion to estrogen, the main difference on paper is that Arimidex will suppress the conversion for as long as you take it, while Aromasin can keep it suppressed even after you stop using it, the term used in articles is "suicide inhibitor". so the possibility of rebound from Adex is much higher than Aromasin.

I find the 2mg ed you posted is quite high! I would only start at 0.5mg and bump up only if necessary. You want to keep estro suppresed, not whipe it out altogether.

Hope this can help.

s

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast