Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Ask Squatman and K Q&A thread

  1. #1
    Member
    Online : krzna is offline
    Join Date : May 2012
    Posts : 782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default Ask Squatman and K Q&A thread

    Thought I would put my contest prep coach to some work, he's a super busy guy prepping only a handful of clients so if you got questions ranging from dieting on anabolics to prep, posing or anything shoot em on here and one of us will try to chime in.

  2. #2
    Member
    Online : krzna is offline
    Join Date : May 2012
    Posts : 782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    Someone had a pre show question via PM , got this from another place, thought it wld be useful here too

    Lasix, does effect potassium directly. It is aldactone(spironolactone) that is potassium sparing. And that has to be used with caution as well as it can elevate potassium and effect your heart. Inspra(eplerenone) is another potasium sparing diuretic. The both block the actions of aldosterone. DO NOT take potassioum supplements if you take aldactone or inspra, it may casue hyperkalemia!

    used wrong in layman's terms ur heart goes boom boom boom

    Note, aldosterone has an antiandrogen effect and can cause gyno.*

    I often wonder if the danger's of diuretics are over feared. That again is because of sever improper use and knowledge about using diuretics pre show.

    But I have used to take 3 40mg lasix at a time if I feel bloated or my weight goes up by more than 3lbs in a day, first thing in the morning. I also eat a completely sodium free diet pre-pre judging mostly white fish, and limit my fluid intake to less.

    If you guys can get a bottle of POTCLOR syrup , alldaychemist has it, it is a life saver.

    Also it's important what type if las is used inject or tabs.

  3. #3
    OG VET
    squatman's Avatar
    Online : squatman is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Posts : 465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krzna View Post
    Thought I would put my contest prep coach to some work, he's a super busy guy prepping only a handful of clients so if you got questions ranging from dieting on anabolics to prep, posing or anything shoot em on here and one of us will try to chime in.

    Tks bro!

    I'll try my best!

    s

  4. #4
    Member
    Online : krzna is offline
    Join Date : May 2012
    Posts : 782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squatman View Post
    Tks bro!

    I'll try my best!

    s
    Bro ur humble nature is what's the absolute best about you. Man here is a walking talking think tank and any prep he writes is guranteed victory. Trust me I've worked with a top Ifbb pro maker who himself saw my buddy squatman plan and was like WOW!

    Thank you for everything you've done for me brother. Every placing I've had and every photoshoot I owe to you.
    Last edited by krzna; 01-13-2014 at 01:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    1bigun11's Avatar
    Online : 1bigun11 is offline
    Join Date : Oct 2010
    Posts : 1,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    I have known a few competiiors who used squatman and they all kicked ass. He is a great asset to the board for sure!

  6. #6
    OG VET
    squatman's Avatar
    Online : squatman is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Posts : 465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krzna View Post
    Someone had a pre show question via PM , got this from another place, thought it wld be useful here too

    Lasix, does effect potassium directly. It is aldactone(spironolactone) that is potassium sparing. And that has to be used with caution as well as it can elevate potassium and effect your heart. Inspra(eplerenone) is another potasium sparing diuretic. The both block the actions of aldosterone. DO NOT take potassioum supplements if you take aldactone or inspra, it may casue hyperkalemia!

    used wrong in layman's terms ur heart goes boom boom boom

    Note, aldosterone has an antiandrogen effect and can cause gyno.*

    I often wonder if the danger's of diuretics are over feared. That again is because of sever improper use and knowledge about using diuretics pre show.

    But I have used to take 3 40mg lasix at a time if I feel bloated or my weight goes up by more than 3lbs in a day, first thing in the morning. I also eat a completely sodium free diet pre-pre judging mostly white fish, and limit my fluid intake to less.

    If you guys can get a bottle of POTCLOR syrup , alldaychemist has it, it is a life saver.

    Also it's important what type if las is used inject or tabs.

    Good post!

    You know how I feel about aldactone. LOL

    I've posted many times on different boards that if you need to use a diuretic use something else, a mild diazide (hydrochlorothiazide/triamterene) would be a better choice IMO.

    A lot pf peeps think that suppressing endo produced aldosterone/spirolactone is the key to being dry on stage, well...the truth is if they would have done their homework in the kitchen like they're suppose to, taking a drug like aldosterone is not a necessity. Plus it can be downright dangerous if one "dries out" too much on this compound! Imagine going too far, than your muscles start to cramp and I mean cramp so bad that you're screeming like a little biatch!! and no matter what you take or do will not help you our at all!! You will contnue to cramp between 3-12 hrs, this is about when the first phase will start to dissipate, then the second phase can last any-where's from 12-96 hrs after. You prob won't cramp much past the first 12 hr phase.

    Anyhoo, diet diet diet!! and of course a solid training plan is of course very important!

    Hope this can help anyone thinking of useing this compound.

    s

  7. #7
    OG VET
    squatman's Avatar
    Online : squatman is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Posts : 465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigun11 View Post
    I have known a few competiiors who used squatman and they all kicked ass. He is a great asset to the board for sure!
    Thanks for the kind words Bigun!

    Looking sick on your avi BTW! much respect!

    s

  8. #8
    Member
    Online : krzna is offline
    Join Date : May 2012
    Posts : 782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    Yo u remember me calling you from malaysia at 104F and 100% humidity saying i can't hear right and my heart is feeling like it's gonna burst.

    Welcome to lasix.

    Dyazide so much easier to use.


    Bottom line what a lot of people don't understand is timing and bioavailabity. The compound can react or kick in at different times depending on your biochemical make up.

    So for that around week 6 you want to do a mock on stage plan to see how you respond to the last minute compounds meaning diuretics , the 2iu insulin Shot and the karboyln sipping , the heat The lights etc etc

  9. #9
    Member
    Online : krzna is offline
    Join Date : May 2012
    Posts : 782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigun11 View Post
    I have known a few competiiors who used squatman and they all kicked ass. He is a great asset to the board for sure!
    Bro same goes for u too, ur a wealth of knowledge when it comes to timing and prep so ur inputs are greatly appreciated!

  10. #10
    VIP Member
    peachfuzz's Avatar
    Online : peachfuzz is offline
    Join Date : Oct 2010
    Posts : 2,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

    Default

    If utilizing carb cycling for contest prep would you cycle all the way up to the show or modify it as you get closer? or the last week? Also what would training look like the last week? Here is he kicker.... this is for a bikini competition.
    Disclaimer: peachfuzz is a fictional character. Anything posted by peachfuzz is for entertainment purposes only.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. squatman here...
    By squatman in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 12:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •