Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NR 2014

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Default NR 2014

Man is my body beat up... Hamstrings/ Glutes still sore from the last meet... Elbow hurts from Power Cleans and reverse curls... And the kicker is I rolled by ankle doing box jumps... AND I'm in recovery mode.... You just never know... Every time you lift a weight your mind has to be in it....

Anyway you know I'm a big 5/3/1 or WSBB fan.... But myself and my training partner decided to shake it up this year. We are going to follow Cristian Tribaudeau's "how to design a damn good program".. In specific the 4-day Antagonist split. I don't know where I picked it up from. Maybe T-nation? Pretty basic stuff as far as muscle groups, lifts, reps and sets... with a little twist here and there for my needs....

Hopefully I can hit some muscle groups that I neglected and get more balance... Looks like we have a solid layout to work from, but it's still all about effort.....

I may have given up on my last 5/3/1 to quickly. Not a good thing, but when your goals change your program has to change as well.....

Antagonist (alter'd to fit schedule)
    Day 1: Chest/Back
    Day 2: Recovery
    Day 3: Quads/Hamstrings
    Day 4: Recovery
    Day 5: Biceps/Triceps (add p.cleans)
    Day 6: Anterior and lateral delts/Rear delts (add neck)
    Day 7: Recovery

E: Antagonist (original)
    Day 1: Chest/Back
    Day 2: Recovery
    Day 3: Biceps/Triceps
    Day 4: Quads/Hamstrings
    Day 5: Recovery
    Day 6: Anterior and lateral delts/Rear delts
    Day 7: Recovery
    Last edited by no_refills; 12-24-2013 at 12:32 PM.

"The Reaper" MOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

you doing anything on the recovery days? maybe 30 min cardio?....

Looks like a good plan....Tnation has the best damn training articles out there.

VIP/Donating Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Looks like fun NR keep us updated. Do you have any meets coming up early I the year or are you just doing them later on?
    To Die with Honor is the greatest Honor.

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by JDUB View Post
    you doing anything on the recovery days? maybe 30 min cardio?....
    Looks like a good plan....Tnation has the best damn training articles out there.
    Exactly, I am looking on doing cardio on my recovery days.. Cabo's post nailed that one for me....

Quote Originally Posted by MCSS13 View Post
    Looks like fun NR keep us updated. Do you have any meets coming up early I the year or are you just doing them later on?
    I was planning on just 1 full power meet next year... Probably fall or late summer.... The meet in march would be just to soon, and I need to work on my overall fitness / strength level before I get back to focusing on the 3 lifts... And finally I'm not sure if I want to add more mass and go up in the 220 group or stay at 198 or even go down to the 182 class... I want to see what my heart will handle #1. How much strength I would loose going down. It get's pretty dicey up into the 200+ range.....

Made VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

A new log for 2014? Cool
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.
    The Few The Proud.

VIP/Donating Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

I found myself the strongest at 195lbs so you can defiantly continue improving with staying at your current weight. Sounds like a good plan doing one later in the year. I got my second BBing contest next fall. Interested to see how this program works out for you. Change isn't always a bad thing I switched my lift program up and am repping 405 for squats now. Keep it up
    To Die with Honor is the greatest Honor.

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

12/27 Chest / Back

Chest
    Bench warmup 135x10x3
    Bench 185x12, 225x10, 255x8
    Bench Wide grip 135x20x3
    Bench 45 suspended from bar. x10
    Incl Flies 40x8x3, 30xAMAP

Back
    BO bb Rows 135x12, 155x12, 185x8, 185x10
    Lat Pulls (no clue on the wt.) 16 reps, moved pin 2 plates 10 reps, moved up 1 plate 8 reps
    Incl rev. flies. 15x8x3

Bench was interesting. Normally I've been sticking to close grip to take the stress off my shoulder-pec . So I did normal bench with index finger on ring. Than as wide as possible with elbows out because I need to start building strength back in my pecs and not rely so much on triceps...Then we finally finished with a plate swinging under the bar held by a small chain.. did not let the bar rest on our chest. stopped about an inch short. It was very hard to keep that bar steady with the weight swinging around.....

Back was ok. I got a little lazy doing BO rows. Then my partner did 225x12 and it kinda brought me back...

Both incl flies and rev flies. I was just trying to hold the ext. or squeeze to a 4 count on each rep, which seemed to finish the group off nicely...

Finally feel like I'm getting some strength back. Been so flat after that last meet. Even a light workout was hell......
    Last edited by no_refills; 01-04-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Made VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

I like doing chest and back together (push/pull). You're gonna be just as strong as before pretty soon N_R!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.
    The Few The Proud.

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

12/29 Quads and Hamstrings

Quads
    Belt Squats... 12x1, 8x3 ??? the weight. All I say is make it heavier or lighter and they move the pin...
    Back Squats 145x10, 225x8, 225+2chx8, 225+3chx6, 224x4chx5
    1-Leg Ext. 75x16x2
    T-K-E Avg band x20e
    Hams
    Leg Curls 105x12x3
    Back Ext. 12x2

1st time doing belt squats... I like them because all you focus on is sitting back and getting deep into a squat... Can't hardly fuck it up and they get your lower body good and ready for when the bar hits your back...
    Glutes and Hams are starting to feel better.. Wanted to finish with SLDL but the time just ran out and I had to run (Graduation Party)....

Training is funny.. Strength - recovery is so cyclic..... Every cycle you just try to finish a little stronger, maybe a little bigger, or leaner. or you target specific areas of weakness.... Each workout just brings me a little closer to the finish or peak.....Then you shake it up and start all over again.... Throw in good days and bad days and it's never the same workout twice in a row or in a cycle
    Last edited by no_refills; 01-04-2014 at 01:00 PM.

OG VET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Array

Arms 12/31

Power Cleans warmup 115x3x3, 135x3x5, 155x3x3

Triceps
    JM press 95x12x3, 115x8
    French Press 80x10x3
    lying db Press 35x10x3

Biceps
    bb curls 85x6x5
    Alt. db curls. 40x8x3

My elbows and the tricep above the elbows is in pain.. I got a little sloppy doing power cleans before starting this log and let the bar get away from my body causing to much stress on my elbows... Reverse curls are impossible right now, but it's getting better

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast